April 13, 2015

-Sweetly Sixteen-












 
Earlier this month Maddie turned sixteen. For me this is kinda amazing. Maddie has always been one of my best friends, always there for me, always someone who will listen to me. Now she's getting older, becoming a grown up.
When we were little we would play dolls, we had our little families.  She was the aunt of my 'children', and I was the aunt of hers. Sweet memories.
We loved playing outside in our creek. Maddie and my older brother would catch fish in old yogurt containers that should have been thrown away a long time ago.
When my twin sister and I would try to tag along, we just would fall in the mud and get dirty.
I wanted to be like Maddie. I copied everything she did. When she would draw I would try my best to make my drawings look just like hers.
We had a great, big, furry, mop of a dog named Jack. We would run from tree to tree to escape from being knocked over by him.
We had a big trampoline. We loved that trampoline. Later on it was ruined when a tree fell over on it.
 
These memories are sweat, but things change. We get older, and I would never want to go back. I am just happy with holding these memories in my heart. Happy watching my older siblings grow up, becoming the people God is shaping them to be, doing the things they were made to.
 
So, anyway, Happy (very late) Birthday to my amazing, sweet older sister, Madeline.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Aw! So sweet! Love ya girl.
    (I promise I didn't make her say all those things)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos of Maddie! I like what you said about NOT wanting to go back in time but to hold those memories in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post. I'm the same way with my sister, except I'm the older one. It's really nice to know that no matter what, your sister will always be there to talk to.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment on my blog, every comment makes my day. So again, thank you, thank you. <3