February 19, 2015

DIY Ampersand Pillow {The "and" pillow tutorial}





Hi there! Today I have my first DIY tutorial for ya'll. I'm calling it the "and" pillow. Cause that's what it is.
I made this pillow a couple months ago for my room. In my room, my twin sister and have our beds in an L shape. So, they meet at the top. I had already made a 'C' pillow for myself and I thought it would be cute if we had 'C' and 'E'. So, here's my "and" pillow tutorial. I must say it is an adorable addition to my room!

Okay, so to start out the tutorial...

You will need:
  • freezer paper
  • an exacto knife
  • a blow dryer (optional)
  • fabric paint or craft paint, or whatever you have on hand
  • two squares or rectangles of fabric that are the size of how big you want your pillow to be
  • a pencil
  • and iron and ironing board
  • scissors
  • Poly fill



To start out, trace your "and" symbol n the non-glossy side of your freezer paper.

 First, cut out the little holes of your "and" symbol, then cut out the rest of the symbol.

Pin the outline and the little holes glossy side down onto your fabric square/rectangle. Iron it on. (Note, I had to pin the holes cause they wouldn't stick).


Paint and peel.
You can blow dry it if needed.


For the next part, this is basically just how to sew a normal pillow. (Sorry, I don't have pictures.)  Place your fabric Right sides together. Pin. Sew leaving an opening. Turn right side out and stuff with poly fill. Sew the opening closed using the slip stich.

And look, your done! So gorgeous, so cute, I love it!


Thank you so much for visiting! Come again soon! xD
 
Caroline

2 comments:

I love it when people comment on my blog, every comment makes my day. So again, thank you, thank you. <3